We believe in complete transparency in all we say and do. That is why we are the first, and at this time, the only professional funeral service provider in La Porte County that provides it's COMPLETE pricing online.
The itemized price list below is a requirement of all funeral homes nationwide. Upon request in person, a funeral home is required to give the consumer this itemized general price list.
These prices are effective as of February 1, 2023, but are subject to change without notice.The goods and services shown below are those we can provide to our customers. You may choose only the items you desire. However, any funeral arrangements you select will include a charge for our basic services and overhead. If legal or other requirements mean you must buy any items you did not specifically ask for, we will explain the reason in writing on the statement we provide describing the funeral goods and services you selected
**The package price is offered, as is, without deletions or substitutions. You may, however, choose to select these same services from our itemized price list. No other funeral merchandise is included in thesepackages: Casket, Burial Vaults, Alternative Containers, Cremation Urns. Also not included are 3rd party cash advances: Cemetery or Crematory Charges, Flowers, Newspaper Death Notices, Sales Tax, etc
Disclaimer of Warranties:
Cutler Funeral Home and Cremation Center, Inc makes no representation or warranties regarding caskets. The only warranties, expressed or implied, granted in connection with caskets and/or containers sold are the express written warranties, if any, extended by the manufacturers therof.
Cutler Funeral Home and Cremation Center, Inc hereby expressly disclaims all warranties expressed or implied, relating to the caskets and/or containers, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose
These prices are effective as of February 1, 2023, but are subject to change without notice.
State or local law does not require that you buy a container to surround the casket in the grave. However, many cemeteries require that you have such a container so that the grave will not sink in. Either an outer burial container or a burial vault will satisfy these requirements. Cutler Funeral Home and Cremation Center does not warrant or claim that any vault it offers is airtight and/or watertight. Please refer to the manufacturer’s warranty, if any. All containers listed below are supplied by Doric Burial Vault Co.
* Indiana Sales Tax will be added to the cost of the outer burial container selected*
Prearranging a funeral is a wise thing to do. We want to make sure that you fully understand the terms of a prepaid contract and how your funds are protected under Indiana law.
1. Your funeral director does not get to keep your money. By law, your preneed funds must be deposited and held in a trust.
2. Your preneed contract is irrevocable after 30 days. You cannot cancel your contract after that point and no one can take any money from the trust except at time of death.
3. The funeral services and merchandise listed on your contract are guaranteed. The growth interest and dividends) on the amount held in trust will remain on deposit to cover future price increases. If at the time of death, the amount in the trust is less than the funeral home’s current retail prices, they must provide the services and merchandise shown on the contract and accept the loss. In exchange for assuming this risk, if the amount held in the trust exceeds their current retail price, they may retain the excess funds. You and your family will not be required to pay any additional amount to obtain the funeral services and merchandise you selected.
4. Cash advance items (charges made by cemeteries, newspapers, and other third parties) on your contract are only estimates and are not fully guaranteed. A percentage of the earnings on the trust will be credited towards the amount on deposit for these items, but if there is a shortfall, your family will be required to pay any difference.
5. Your contract is transferable to another funeral home in the event you move or otherwise must change funeral homes. In order to accept the transfer, the newly selected funeral home must honor the terms of the contract and guarantee to provide the funeral services and merchandise you originally selected.
If you have questions, please contact us.
IF YOU HAVE MADE PRE-ARRANGEMENTS AT ANOTHER ESTABLISHMENT, YOU CAN CHANGE TO CUTLER'S. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING. WE CAN ARRANGE TO TRANSFER THE PRE-PAID TRUST BEFORE OR AFTER THE DEATH OCCURS. WE WILL HONOR OTHER LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL FUNERAL HOMES PREPAID FUNERAL PLANS WHICH ARE VALID AND ARE CURRENTLY IN FORCE.